Friday 6 March 2015

Figure Drawing Class

I decided to take the opportunity last monday to attend one of the college's figure drawing sessions (With there being so much schoolwork, I never did have the chance to attend most of the college's interesting programs and short courses over the past year and a half... I know, it's such a waste), and so once Fiona offered, I really couldn't say no.

Obviously there is a limit to the number of people that can attend these sessions, and so you will have to book your place in advance. And so with there only being about a handful of people attending this, I find the session surprisingly peaceful and secluded as I got down to familiarising myself with the human body once more. Of course, I did get the expected case of the giggles, but thankfully I was able to overcome it in due time, and it still got more frustrated about getting his legs and arms to look right.

I didn't really use the canvases since my paper was too small.
I asked Sam to come along too! 
Just waiting for the model to get nekkid.

This was a great opportunity to practice my traditional drawing skills (That had surely gotten rusty considering how digital related our recent projects are) and a nice little break from all of our schoolwork. I still definitely have a long way to go, and so this is a reminder to keep on drawing as usual to get  better... at anything really, at humans, animals, perspectives, objects, etc.



I wonder if I should try to attend more sessions in the future, especially since it will be 3 pounds off from now on... I might have to drag Sam along with me again though, I just don't like heading out at night on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment