Friday 15 January 2016

London MCM - Day 1

   It was strange how this plan to travel this far out during the weekend in between school weeks came about (Seeing that this wasn't something I have never truly done before), but it was certainly a worthwhile experience. Aside from wanting to meet with one of my longtime online friends (We had taken many steps to show that we could trust the person behind the screen before doing so, of course), I felt that this would be a rare opportunity to attend one of the biggest comic conventions in the world, and in London! And honestly, not really knowing what to expect, I just dived right in, carrying an unnecessarily heavy luggage consisting of my costume, makeup and some snacks as I did (Which I certainly will not do next time)... but mostly, makeup.

   Day 1 was a little more focused on familiarising myself with my surroundings; and needless to say, I was overwhelmed by all that I saw. There were so many costumes to see, things to buy, panels to attend... it was incredible. While we had set up off incredibly early, I realised soon enough that I couldn't possibly see everything, even if I had been there for all three days and was running about constantly. Despite how my costume was so much more comfortable (Well, not really) as compared to my friend's, I didn't really get anything else done other to try and calm my butt down when people asked to have a photo taken with me. It was amazing and nerve wracking, even though I hadn't had many photos taken of me, to see people get excited over my costume and to ask for my photo was just... a part of me still feels like crying just thinking about it.

   Needless to say, I learnt from this experience in learning how to pose better for photos. Also, I believe that it was this particular event where I actually learnt how to put on eyeliner. That's right, a 23-year-old finally learns how to put on eyeliner, but yeah I am never putting that stuff on again unless I am actually in cosplay. I eventually picked up the courage to draw on more distinct eyebrows for when I wore this costume again for Thoughtbubble, which I believe was even more well received! Especially since I was more confident in myself by then and did a better job on my makeup (I will be writing about Thought Bubble too, but on the events that I attended, so I decided to just mention this bit here instead).

   With my friend's armor burdening her, we eventually left in the late afternoon. We were exhausted and were pretty lifeless by the time we went out for dinner. We needed to rest as the next day was when we would get some things done...

My friend's amazing kunoichi costume.



No comments:

Post a Comment