Saturday 16 November 2013

Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" - Bryan Louie



For awhile now I have been fascinated by what features the program Adobe After Effects has to offer, especially after seeing several really nice examples (Chun-Li Animation) that uses it as a form of enhancement… And so when I was told by one of my lecturers that this program was used for the music video of one of my favorite songs, I am now more stoked than ever to properly learn about it during the coming induction sessions.

The inkblot/rorschach-styled illustrations in the music video were done by art director and motion graphic designer Bryan Louie, whose other works include commercial campaigns for the Scion tC, there is a very smooth transition made between the different types of illustrations (With images of Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse themselves seen among them), which feels really fitting to the psychiatric theme they were going for.

When done right, there is something so amazingly stylish about these type of animations, I have noticed too that there are some pretty neat camera angles added into that weren't in the animation before when After Effects hasn't yet been used (Talking about the Chun-Li Animation again). I believe this also simplifies the process when one wishes to added some extra visual effects and motion graphics when polishing up their animated works.

This is all coming from someone that is completely clueless about the software, so forgive me if I said something particularly silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment