Sunday 27 October 2013

Morgan Yon

Morgan Yon is a freelance concept artist and illustrator from France who works in the game and film industry. He has created various concept art for clients including The Movie Picture Company, Ubisoft and Darkworks. Notable projects he has been involved in are Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Heavy Rain.

I really love Morgan's monochromatic pieces, especially since they are so effective in bringing out the ambience of a certain scene. I especially love the silhouette-styled concepts he did for Heavy Rain (I don't normally see such a style used for concept art), they are still incredibly detailed despite the lack of shading, and give off this Sin City vibe.






Aside from how incredibly detailed his works are, I also find his usage of brushes to be outstanding, at times his works resemble graphite drawings or acrylic paintings to me than digital paintings.

I would absolutely love to reach this level of detail for my concept designs in the future.


http://morgan-yon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment