Saturday 19 October 2013

Social Media

In this day and age it only makes sense to find ways to connect and keep in contact with people that are related to your area of work, it was only recently however that I was made to create a Twitter account for myself. I am still a little confused about how it works at the moment, especially when there will be hordes and hordes of messages that will perhaps constantly update nearly every half an hour or less, unless I remain on my toes in checking consistently,  though then again I am sure not everything is of the utmost importance.

While I do follow various artists, studios and companies through Deviantart, Facebook and Tumblr, I had never really considered Twitter before. It is of course useful as expected, seeing that you can find out about jobs and competitions on there, as well as have a chance to connect with various well-known artists, illustrators, animators and so on so forth.

A few notable ones that I have followed upon creating my account are Lauren Faust, Craig McCracken, Jenny Lerew, Johane Matte and Katie Shanahan, most of them are storyboard artists which is an area that I am especially interested in. I also of course followed a number of animation and video game studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment