Thursday 24 October 2013

Who am I?

Why did you choose to study in this programme?
  • To pick up on some valuable animating skills.
  • To further improve my character design and storytelling.
  • I considered furthering my studies in Illustration after graduating from my previous art school, but I felt that I could do the same by taking Animation. After much consideration, I felt that this programme would benefit me even more!
  • To take a scary if not exciting journey away from home and experience a different learning environment (Sorry for the cheesiness there), it was also time to show that I could be independent and that I could be trusted to be on my own...
  • To use these skills to help out my family and friends the best I can when they require a professional designer for their projects (Aside from my own projects of course).
What do you want to learn during your time in the programme?
  • As many animation techniques as I can possibly can.
  • To prepare myself when it is time to go into that very area for work.
  • To pick up on practices that are presently being used in the gaming industry.
  • Professionalism and confidence.
  • How culturally different the entertainment industry will expectantly be here as compared to Singapore (This is considerably important research).
What skills do you think are your strengths?
  • I am considerably determined, enthusiastic and passionate about my area of interest, thank you very much.
  • I absolutely enjoy writing stories and creating concepts for characters, settings, etc. I also enjoy working on storybook illustrations and graphic novels during my free time.
  • I have a really, really wide range of interests that really helps me out when it comes to creating stories and designing things, I also enjoy properly researching into things.
  • I do not allow personal feelings to get in the way when I am required to work with someone in completing a task (Internship experience here).
  • I have been known to make people laugh a lot with my randomness (That is when I actually allow myself to chill), and when I am happy, it is pretty infectious! (It always does my heart good when I am able to cheer up anyone who is down, such as my driving instructor)

What are the things that you want to improve on?
  • I honestly feel that I need to calm down at times and not worry and panic so much, even when I am on track, I still get fearful of suddenly falling behind.
  • To be even more accepting of critiques, no matter how harsh they can get, because they will help me in the end in bettering my work and myself.
  • Scriptwriting, there is always time to further improve on your writing.
  • I need to draw more original works outside of college, fan art has taken complete control of my life for years now.
  • I would definitely like to improve more on my drawing skills and experiment with more mediums and styles.
What ways will you use to evaluate your progress?
  • Getting any form of critiques from my peers and lecturers will always be appreciated.
  • I will continue posting my works on other sites in hopes of getting some much needed feedback from them too.
  • I might pen down some of my thoughts whenever I feel bothered and write down a hypothesis to go with it.
  • To study other people's works (Be it my peers or just people who are studying in the same area as me) and note down on what I should improve on when it comes to m work (Pretty much self-critiquing).
  • I have to just remind myself that I am doing fine and mellow out before I burn myself out, some meditation might help, and maybe a couple of proper breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment