Monday 16 May 2016

A Little Portfolio Expansion

   While it won't be possible to have this work finished before this module's deadline, I would still however like to talk about how it was that this had all even started.

   Through roleplaying online (A hobby that allows me to further improve on not just my writing, but also my storytelling, scriptwriting and even character development), I have met and befriended an incredibly talented writer with some of the most inspiringly developed original characters I have seen in years. Having a diploma in Communication and Information Design, my friend is also considering a course in Game Design in the near future, as her ex-facilitators encouraged her to do so after learning of her interest in creating stories and characters. 

   While roleplaying would be considered a casual hobby by many, I do also believe that people can also take advantage of it and use it for more professional means if they truly have a deep passion for writing and creating their own characters, such as my friend.  

   It was in due time where I felt that I just had to do an illustration of some of her characters to show my appreciation for them myself. But, while I initially planned to have this done as a simple gift for her, I began thinking that it would actually be a worthwhile addition to my portfolio. I felt that this could be a very special art piece that is akin to Sam Spratt's artworks (I am no longer a huge fan of his works due to how repetitive they have become, but I can still appreciate the amount of detail that he puts into each commissioned piece that he does for celebrities). Unfortunately, I had to spoil the surprise and tell her of my plans as it was only right to ask her permission on this. And aside from saying yes, she was more than happy to help me in any way she can and share with me an extra details I could possibly need whilst painting them.

   And with all of these characters already being give face claims by her (Such as actress Maggie Q), it will certainly be fun getting the chance to tweak their appearances to make them appear more like how she had envisioned them.

No comments:

Post a Comment