Friday 16 May 2014

Reflect - Moodboard


While I'm working on those illustrations for my Studio Brief 4 presentation, I decided to quickly do up a mood board that I can refer to for inspiration when it comes to the art and coloring style (I felt that I needed something like this especially since I am working on more than 20 illustrations, I need to keep the creative juices flowing you know?), pictured above are a variety of works from various talented illustrators I have came across over the years, all having very different art styles and level details, the only thing they have in common is the charm that is presented in each of their pieces of work. Rebecca Mock's works aren't pictured in this mood board because… they are down here.









While the amount of detail in these animated gifs are insane and something I definitely can't follow up on (Maybe some other time (Yes, that's always going to be my excuse, EURGHHH)), I am instead referring more to the cleverly subtle but effective animations done in parts of them that enhances each piece, the only illustration that seems a tad stiff is the last one, seeing how the baseball player has frozen into place, the people in the other pieces are posed in a believable manner, making it seem that they can stay in that pose for long periods of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment