Thursday 22 May 2014

The Animated Self - Sounds

Various sound effects were gathered together from Youtube and other free royalty free websites, sadly the BBC ones that I had borrowed were all a little too calm (But I can most definitely use them for another project)… it was surprisingly hard to find realistic enough train sounds (Or clear enough ones for that matter, there were quite a few that sounded far too muffled as if they had been used for a really old show), and ones that sounded eerie and grating enough (I almost decided to simply import an audio version of a random Silent Hill 3 walkthrough so that I could use it's train squealing sound effect).

Thankfully I didn't have to record any screams (I had thankfully found a decent one as well as had some done for me by a friend, though they were a tad too humorous and had to be edited a little) since it was already 4am by then, I did however have to do the monster's screech, and while that was fun, I had hurt my voice just a tad when doing the lower growls, several clips were recorded and then mixed together with different effects given to each of them to create an inhuman sort of sound.

I was exhausted but doing the sounds has always been pretty fun for me, maybe I will get a chance to do some voice acting once we start collaborating with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment