Friday 16 May 2014

The Animated Self - Moodboard


Much like Studio Brief 4, I ended up doing a mood board for Studio Brief 5 as well (I really need all the inspiration I can get while I work for the next few days), to convey the atmosphere that I am going for, this piece of horror related work however differs from the social phobia piece that I had done at the beginning of the year, as it focuses more on an unsettling atmosphere and ambience than full out gore. 

I have also been pretty intent on going for a more noir look (With some spot colors here and there), aside from saving time, a monochromatic look would also give the entire animation a more intense and dramatic feel.

I feel however that visual concepts can only convey half of that entire vision (Even though this mood board is pretty much twice the size of the other one), sounds play another important role in these types of genres, and I am not talking about screamers (Is there a way to ban those by the way? They tick me off so much…), I am talking about the aspect of voice acting, the background noises used and sometimes the music (Thankfully the latter will not be featured in this animation (What I would give to have a music composer for a friend)). 

No comments:

Post a Comment