Tuesday 25 November 2014

365


I have been hearing a lot things about the Brothers McLeod since I started studying here, but amazingly enough, despite the fact that "365" may have been shared all over the internet for what felt like decades now (That even my friend had soon enough gotten sick of them...), it wasn't only until recently did I finally get the chance to watch it in the theatres.

The Brother McLeod are illustrator Greg McLeod and writer Myles McLeod. They are English filmmakers of 2D animation, predominantly in the comedy genre (As you will soon see). The brothers had won a BAFTA and Webby over the last few years.

Aside from how amusing the whole thing actually is ("Maurice" gets me every time), it is just so darn impressive and inspiring to see the Brothers McLeod stay so committed to such as project, managing to animate something every single day (And let's not include the little bit they specially did for the trailer) for an entire year. What else is there to say really aside that they have a really quirky and colourful style that works so well with their sense of humor? It is just an enjoyable, clever and cute project overall, and I'm glad that I finally had the chance to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment