Thursday 20 November 2014

Mr Toti and a Rattle


Finally moving onto Films for Children, entertainment targeted at children (May they be animated or illustrated) is one of the areas I am deeply interested in, and so I was pretty keen on watching the works featured in this screening.

An animation short from Poland, the main character Mr Toti comes across a magical rattle in the mine (Why does he even have a mine in his own home?), and upon shaking it, gets turned into a child, thankfully My Toti has a helpful and dependable friend that keeps him safe until a way is found to turn him back to normal... well, almost.

"Mr Toti and Rattle" is in a way a more classic type of children animation (Even opening up with a typical title that introduces its characters), while its form of narration may seem weird to an older audience (Or simply just not to their tastes), I do find myself vaguely remembering how some cartoons back in the 90s were actually like that, with its strangely written script that makes you think that some of these characters might actually be a little off their rocker... Style wise, the animation is a mixture of 2D and 3D, which I feel looks pretty decent and appealing enough, especially for its target audience, and thankfully the characters designs are pretty cute (Though the male characters remind me a little of the Little Man from the "Pink Panther" animated series).

Overall, I just find myself particularly intrigued with its style of writing, which I should explore further into in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment