Sunday 17 May 2015

Applied Animation 2

I was not too sure on how to feel about the screening of our animation, I felt strangely excited but also a tad embarrassed... but in a good way. A lot of our classmates are hoping to see it finished and... I am unsure of what the future holds for this short...

I have a lot of mixed feelings about how this project turned out in the end, but then again I believe that that is just the perfectionist side of me. I felt that my group and I were incredibly enthusiastic throughout the majority of this project, that is until the production process began. While we had initially planned to start work during Easter break, another badly planned module got in the way, and so we ended up rushing and stressing the meet the deadline for this one... though I do believe we were still able to do an amazing amount of work in an insanely short period of time.

Communication was a little difficult despite the fact that we had set up several sites (Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.), and it wasn't until much later did my message reach one of them, when it was a little too late to make the needed changes.

It already seems to me that this experience might have stressed out my teammates so much that there probably will not even be a continuation to this short, if we ever get the chance to properly finish up the one we already have that is. Still, I have already decided to do most of the fix ups on my own which are:

  1. Repainting the desserts so they would have a more detailed look
  2. Fixing up the shadows
  3. Fixing up the sound effects (Definitely need to adjust the recordings too seeing that it didn't actually sync very well for the final animation due to us rushing)
  4. Probably get in touch with Luke to compose some original music
  5. Touch up on the expressions and perhaps some movements (Seeing that the clean ups took a way a lot of the fluidity and exaggeration)

Despite how I was able to finish animating all the key scenes (After making a huge amount of adjustments to the storyboards that is), a lot of the animation sketches I did were not used in the end product that had been screened, and I really, really would like to see them finished for others to see in the future...

While I am most likely to work on my own next year (Though this is mostly due to the fact that I have a very personal vision for my passion projects), I do hope to help out in some way with other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment