Monday 18 May 2015

Learning Journey Presentation


I was initially planning to create a silly video presentation that was made to look like credits from Lord of the Rings (Or The Hobbit, whichever), seeing that it suited the 'end of the journey' that this presentation gave off to me. While I thought that it would have been funny and might have looked appealing for my peers to watch (With detailed pencil sketches and all), I slowly started to realise that the content would be too difficult to visualise in the way I wanted it to, and there was no way I could get out dozens of pencil sketches within the time I had left. (I suppose I was just so excited about using that "Directed by Peter Jackson" joke that I didn't realise these issues until much later)

Instead, I decided to go for something more Kate Beaton inspired (A style that would also be easier in creating a funny atmosphere to my presentation). I had initially wanted to draw everything by hand, but once again knew that I wouldn't have enough time to do so (And let's not forget that time would also be required to scan them all in and clean them up as well). I immediately started drawing everything straight into Photoshop.

It took me awhile to decide on what content to present, but aside from the new skills that I had picked up this year, I figured that I should most definitely include how I had enjoyed such things as working with others, trying out the recording studio for the first time and finally working with others studying in different areas to my own. Hopefully I didn't make this into too much of a timeline... I did try to focus on the things that absolutely stood out to me, and that was most definitely my experience with the Applied Animation 2 module.

No comments:

Post a Comment