Sunday 17 May 2015

Celles et Ceux des Cimes et Cieux


Celles et Ceux des Cimes et Cieux, or Girls and Guys from Summits and Skies, is a two and a half minute short that pays homage to the works of Miyazaki films, such as The Secret World of Arietty, Laputa Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke. Creator Gwenn Germain spent 5 months working on this senior animation project at French art school Creapole, with the pitch for this short being "A young boy who lives in a village that's perched on a giant tree falls into the depths of the forest one day, where he meets two forest dwelling strangers who help him return him."

This was truly one of the most inspirational things that I have seen in the past weeks, it's absolutely unbelievable just how incredibly gorgeous this student short is (The designs, lighting, animation, camera works, just... everything!) It has helped me in better figuring out what it is that I wish to do for my extended practice as well. Seeing how that was also no need for excessive voice acting or sound effects, that also gave me ideas on how to go about that issue for my own final year project.

I can only hope something to create something that is half as gorgeous as this... and so I will definitely have to start planning now and over my summer break!

No comments:

Post a Comment