Sunday 17 May 2015

Social Media Presence

In my earlier years, I use to show most of my works through Deviantart, but after struggling and coming face to face with nothing but unhelpful comments from a very childish population, I simply started using my account to watch other artists that I admired for inspiration. I seem to be doing better on Tumblr, though I believe that I might have to create another account someday that focuses solely on original and more professionally done works instead of just fanart.

My friend has done the same recently, cleaning up her blog and changing her username to her real name. It almost feels... surreal really, but I feel that I should take after her example in some way and set up a portfolio focused Tumblr account for myself in due time. In the meantime, my present (More personal) Tumblr account still allows me to share my works with others, and if they happen to like my works enough, perhaps they will follow my professional one too.

I believe that Wix still remains the most professional looking out of all the sites I set up, while I have been planning to possibly close it down in the future, I also wondered if there was perhaps a way to simply fix things up so that I could still make use of it in someways. We will just have to see if there are any other sites that are better and easier to use than it (And I got my eyes on Carbonmade) first.

I am still honestly trying to figure out how to effectively share my art through Twitter, especially after hearing about how a storyboard artist was hired to work for the Regular Show through there. I am however glad that I have managed to reach out to one of my heroes, LeSean Thomas, who, along with Carl Jones (Creator of Black Dynamite the Animation Series) have followed me in the past months, I really do hope to catch their attention somehow with my own works one day... and maybe someday I will get a chance to work for either of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment