Sunday 17 May 2015

Show and Tell

I was (And still am) focusing mainly on improving my drawing skills during whatever free time I had, and that was one of the main things I had to show for my Show and Tell on the 21st of April. I had the opportunity to attend one of the college's last few figure drawing sessions (Thanks to Fiona), and so had the chance to see just how bad I actually was when it came to poses and perspectives...


I also did speed paint studies whenever I could, which allowed me to focus more on shadows, and aside from the usual study into anatomy and poses, it also gave me the opportunity to see just how incredibly differently structured human facial features can be to one another (Which definitely helps for my character designing).



While this was done for COP2, I felt that it was the first time where I had the opportunity to do some proper character designing (With what should be focused on, how they should be presented on each sheet and so on), and that this would later on aid me for when I require to do any sort of character design for myself or for anyone else. I was glad I took the time to properly research into my practical response, despite how it was not marked as heavily as the essay itself and the little time I had left.




One more thing I did share with my peers and tutor was my first ever collaboration, and with a music student to boot. I wanted to share the rather amazing experience I had of finally working with someone here as well as the exciting experience of getting original music composed for my own works (Not to say that I don't enjoy making my own silly sound effects and what not). I also believe that he will be able to help me with the musical aspect for one of my final year projects next year.

Below you will see a rather familiar piece of work (If you have been following my Studio Practice blog or have seen it on my Youtube Channel or on my Tumblr), but now with some really lovely music playing over it to give it a much more whimsical feel as compared to the original... I believe this music lessens the belief that he dies at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment