Sunday 17 May 2015

Collaborating with Luke Tingle

Despite how I barely have any time to keep up with my own work, this year I thought I would try and work with other students on their own projects. Dating all the way back to the beginning of February, I decided to give it a shot and so responded to a couple of music students that were looking to collaborate with us Animation students for their final year projects, and the one I had ended up working with for the rest of the year was Luke Tingle.

Obviously there was no way that I could create anything new for him to use, but I did my best in expanding or fixing up any present works I had and passed them all onto him. It was a really interesting process to say the least, but not as stressful as I thought it would be. I enjoyed discussing things with Luke when possible, to see what he needed and when. And I was absolutely excited to finally get some original music composed for my own works.

I believe that it was absolute luck that I had decided to give this opportunity a shot, especially since it was through Luke where I was able to find my voice actor for my Applied Animation 2 project, I still cannot get over that fact to be honest...

It is just an amazing feeling to know that I can finally turn to someone to help me out with the music (And maybe even voice acting) aspect of my works in the future. And seeing that Luke actually enjoyed the horror short that I had done for last year's PPP, I just might turn to him again to compose some new pieces for when I begin expanding on it for next year's extended practice.

Speaking of all the pieces he had composed for me, I definitely need to insert them into my animations one day and post them up on my Youtube channel for all to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment